Craig Noland is a highly respected and accomplished defense attorney with more than 30 years of experience. He has successfully litigated cases in Michigan’s state and federal courts as well as state and federal courts of appeal. His practice focuses on municipal, civil rights, employment, zoning and school law litigation. Mr. Noland has been repeatedly selected for inclusion in Michigan’s Super Lawyers for his litigation practice, and as one of the “Best Lawyers in America” in the practice area of Litigation – Land Use and Zoning. He has received the highest Martindale-Hubbell rating.
Mr. Noland is a frequent speaker for municipal groups, including the Michigan Public Risk Management Association and the Michigan Township Association on topics including municipal, constitutional, and employment claims. He has participated in the creation of numerous risk management seminars and training films covering such topics as employment practices and tort liability claims.
Areas of Practice:
- Civil Rights
- School Law and Litigation
Bar Admissions and Memberships:
- State Bar of Michigan, 1979
- US District Court for the Western District of Michigan, 1979
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, 1979
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Grand Rapids Area Bar Association
- Michigan Public Risk Management Association
- Michigan Township Association
- Indiana University, BA Economics, Phi Beta Kappa, 1976
- Indiana University, Juris Doctor, 1979