Mr. Morris, a shareholder at McGraw Morris P.C., concentrates his practice in the areas of police liability defense litigation. He has 25 years of experience in liability, police, municipal, and insurance defense. Mr. Morris has represented numerous municipalities and police departments throughout the state of Michigan. The majority of issues on which representation is sought involve police liability and other general liability issues.
Areas of Practice:
- Police Liability Defense Litigation
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Wayne State University Law School, Detroit, Michigan, June, 1981 J.D.
- The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA, June, 1978 B.A. (with distinction)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Michigan
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Michigan Township Participating Plan, Law Enforcement Committee
- Michigan Public Risk Management Association
Seminars, Videos and Educational Presentations:
- Videos created – Educational videos for municipal officials and decision makers.
- Know Your Liabilities (2007)
- So You’ve Been Sued (2008)
- Seminars Presented – Held at various municipal conventions.
- Jail Suicides, Defense Research Institute (DRI), San Diego California (1994 & 1995)
- Police Liability, City of Novi (2006)
- Taser Death/Excited Delirium (2008)
- Police Chief Liability (2007)
- Governmental Immunity (2006)